Friday, May 16, 2008

Walden Media

I started this blog to be able to inform people about movies. And not just any movies--my goal is inform people about movies that would be more appropriate for families. However, I want everyone to understand that I am not the judge for what you should watch with your family--you are. I intend to recommend movies, as well as provide information about various tools and websites that can help you learn more about movies. I look forward to hearing your comments on the blog itself, the information I am providing, and if you find it useful or not.

For starters, I decided to introduce you all to Walden Media. If the name sounds familiar, it's because they have produced quite a few family films recently. Just to name a few: The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe; The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian; The Bridge to Terabithia; Holes; How to Eat Fried Worms; and Because of Winn Dixie. Walden Media is also producing the upcoming City of Ember.

If you haven't noticed yet, these films are all based on children's books. I had the opportunity to attend a forum with Micheal Flaherty, President of Walden Media. He stressed that the purpose of Walden Media isn't to make tons of money--they are trying to empower children through literacy and enlightenment. Their films tend to inspire and teach lessons without being polemics. Check out their website at http://www.walden.com. You can learn about each of their films, books they have published, and the mission of Walden Media.

No comments: